The weekend is finally here! How are you? I want you to take a moment to check in with yourself. How are you feeling mentally, emotionally, and physically? If you haven't taken any time for self-care this week, it's not too late. Block out some time and prioritize your well-being. Remember, taking care of yourself matters and is an essential part of parenting. Yesterday, after work, I decided to take a break and indulge in some self-care. I did nothing but relax and unwind, which was exactly what I needed. This morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day. Ollie has a football game this afternoon, and with the temperature high being 36 degrees (insert crying emoji), I'll be wearing one of my faux fur jackets to keep warm. I never miss an opportunity to be fashionable. As much as I love fashion, I know that's not why you're here. So, let's dive right into this week's topic. Last week, I talked about how to set and crush your goals in 5 steps. This week, I want to share some tips on how to create time for your personal goals as a busy mom.
Let’s face it - our schedules as moms are nothing short of chaotic, tiring, and often not what we envisioned. Parenting throws us countless curveballs from appointments, school activities, work schedules, and the never-ending stream of last-minute crucial information from our children. It feels like there's never any time to focus on our aspirations. So, how do we create time to focus on our goals? As much as I wish there was a simple guide, there isn't. Making time for ourselves as busy moms can be a challenge without feeling guilty. For years, I failed to prioritize my personal needs, and was always a last-minute thought because I thought being a good wife and mother meant sacrificing my dreams and goals. My identity and aspirations eventually became nothing more than a distant memory. However, it wasn't until I experienced life-changing events that I decided to make myself a priority in my life. Mama, if you want to carve out time for your personal goals in your busy schedule, it starts with prioritizing yourself. Here are some tips to help you make time for your personal goals.
1. Create a schedule: Schedule specific times for working on your goals. Having a set schedule can help you hold yourself accountable.
2. Prioritize: Determine which personal goals are most important and make a list to prioritize them. This will help you stay focused and not feel overwhelmed.
3. Wake up earlier: Getting up earlier than everyone else in your household can give you some uninterrupted time to work on your personal goals.
4. Share Homelife Responsibilities: Don’t be afraid to delegate task. Can be as simple as assigning your children chores and asking your spouse/partner to help out on days you set time aside to work on your goals.
5. Use commute time: Use your commute time from work or waiting in carpool lines to listen to inspiring podcasts or audiobooks related to your personal goals.
6. Be flexible: Be open to adjusting your schedule or goals as needed. Life as a busy mom can be unpredictable, be flexible.
7. Be kind to yourself: Remember that taking care of yourself is essential, and it's okay to take a break or adjust your schedule as needed.
Mama, by prioritizing your goals, setting schedules, sharing responsibilities, and getting creative, you can make time for your personal goals as a busy mom. Remember Taking time for yourself is essential for your overall well-being.
I hope these tips prove to be helpful for you. If you found them useful, be sure to join me next week as we wrap up this month's discussion on setting goals.
As always, I am rooting for you!