How are you? No, really how are you physically, emotionally, and mentally? Are you checking in with yourself? If you haven’t checked in this week, I want you to take a moment and ask yourself these following questions:
1. How am I feeling physically today?
2. Have I been prioritizing good sleep habits?
3. Have I been getting enough exercise and maintaining healthy eating habits?
1. How am I feeling emotionally today?
2. Have I been practicing self-compassion and offering myself kindness and understanding during difficult moments?
3. Have I engaged in activities that bring me joy and fulfillment, or have I been neglecting my emotional needs?
1. How am I feeling mentally today? Am I feeling clear-headed and focused?
2. Have I felt overwhelmed or stressed recently? If so, what may be contributing to these feelings?
3. Have I been practicing mindfulness?
4. Have I been prioritizing self-care and setting aside time for activities that nourish my mind?
Checking in with yourself regularly provides insight into your overall well-being while identifying areas you may need to improve. When asking yourself all these questions what is the first thing that comes to mind? If you said self-care, you’re right on target! Last week's article discussed Setting Effective Self-Care Goals. This week I am going to address the benefits of having a self-care routine. So, Let's talk about the critical importance of self-care.
Mama, as we navigate the challenges of raising our children, it's easy to prioritize their needs over our own. However, neglecting self-care can lead to exhaustion, stress, anxiety, and even burnout. I've experienced firsthand the consequences of neglecting self-care. For a long time, I pretended to be okay, but it eventually caught up with me, leading to unhealthy habits. When I returned to the workforce in 2018, I committed to set aside one day a week for self-care, and it made a world of difference in my parenting and overall well-being. Though my self-care routine has slipped since my move to North Carolina, I'm actively working on reintegrating it into my daily life.
Self-care isn't just about indulging in manicures, pedicures, and or shopping, it's about cultivating a healthier lifestyle. Engaging in self-care practices can reduce stress, improve sleep, boost energy levels, and foster a sense of achievement. It's not only beneficial for our mental, physical, and emotional health but also sets a powerful example for our children about the importance of self-nurturing. By prioritizing our well-being, we're not only taking care of ourselves but also setting the stage for a happier and healthier family life. So, mama, let's acknowledge the significance of self-care and commit to making it an integral part of our daily routines. Here's to embracing self-care and reaping the countless benefits it brings. As always mama I’m rooting for you, and I hope you join me next week to discuss self-care tips for the working moms!